The state of Nebraska is seeking 50 volunteers to serve on a disaster medical assistance team (DMAT). The goal is to eventually have 150 members on the team.
Clinical team members being sought include:
- Respiratory therapists
- Safety personnel
- Plus others needed to support the team
- Communications, logistics, administration
- Self-contained/self-supporting for 3 to 5 days
- Typical deployment is 2 weeks
- Augment local medical care
- Force protection, worker health and safety
- Medical and minor surgical stabilization
- Continued care and monitoring
- Evacuation to definite medical care
- Are pre-staged if possible
- Have regional equipment caches
For more information, contact Phyllis S. Dutton at Alegent Health, 402-639-4916 or firstname.lastname@example.org.