To have your position considered for addition to this site, please send us an email. Postings will automatically be removed after 90 days unless you request an extension.
Respiratory therapist and advanced practitioner
Bryan Medical Center
Bryan Medical Center, located in Lincoln, NE, is a 639-bed, not-for-profit, locally owned and governed health care organization. The medical center includes two acute care facilities and several outpatient clinics. Our team of experienced respiratory therapists enjoys collaborative working relationships with a range of health professionals and the opportunity for advanced growth and responsibilities.
Respiratory therapists at Bryan:
- Receive individualized orientation and work with a preceptor.
- Are responsible for the initiation of standard therapy, basic ventilator management, protocols and diagnostic procedures.
- Provides care to infants, pediatrics, adults and geriatric patients as defined by competency.
- May have the opportunity to serve as a preceptor for respiratory therapy students during their clinical rotations.
Graduate of an AMA-approved program of Respiratory Care and licensure to practice respiratory care in the State of Nebraska required. Active Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential required upon hire.
We also offer an advanced practitioner role in respiratory therapy. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the initiation of respiratory therapy and diagnostic procedures related to difficult and/or unusual situations.
- Perform highly complex and non-traditional procedures, intubations, arterial line insertions, nitric oxide, IABP ad bronchoscopy assist.
- Serve a wide range of patients, and provide education to patients and families regarding respiratory care modalities.
The Advanced Practitioner must have: A minimum of two years of experience providing respiratory service post graduation. RRT credentials, ACLS, NRP and PALS certification. Training in hemodynamic monitoring, blood gas analysis and bronchoscopy.
Bryan respiratory therapy offers challenges and opportunities, no matter where you are in your career and supports advancement toward your career goals. To learn more about Bryan Health and/or to explore this opportunity in respiratory therapy, go to www.bryanhealth.org. EEO/AA-M/F/V/D
Registered respiratory therapist: O’Neill
We are seeking a part-time respiratory therapist at our O’Neill, NE hospital. If you are looking to begin or advance your career in the healthcare, this may be an opportunity for you!
- Opportunity to gain valuable experience in a rural, critical-access hospital by exposure to diverse patient experiences with our outpatient clinic, nursing home, sleep disorder center and hospital. Cardiac stress testing, infant delivery, pulmonary rehab and diagnostic testing such pulmonary function testing and arterial blood gas monitoring.
- Are you compassionate, detail oriented and a well-organized professional? Then this position might be for you. Our respiratory therapists work closely with doctors and nurses to come up with programs that will benefit our patients. Their position is of great importance to patients.
- For the technological enthusiast, the hospital has up-to-date equipment to assist our therapists in all job functions.
- Advanced educational/CEU opportunity for job-specific training by the hospital’s education programs.
- A qualified candidate for the position will have an Associate of Science Degree in respiratory care and current licensure in the state of Nebraska.
- Successful completion and credentialing of the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
- Candidates for this position must have availability to work variable day shifts with on-call and rotating weekends. Housing adjacent from the hospital is available for on-call and weekend stays.
- You will be collaborative with all members of the health care team with a focus on making a positive impact in the lives and health of persons and communities by providing quality services.
- Last but not least, you must demonstrate and embrace the CARE standards (Communication, Attitude, Responsiveness and Engagement) in every aspect of the job!
The position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including retirement investments.
All applications and resumes must be submitted on-line by visiting www.averajobs.org.
Avera is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.